Please treat this discussion forum with the same respect you would a public park. We, too, are a shared community resource — a place to share skills, knowledge and interests through ongoing conversation. This forum is family friendly. Keep that in mind when posting a reply or topic.
Do not do any of the following:
- Flame or insult other members.
- Start flame wars.
- Bump topics.
- Derail topics.
- Post links to phishing sites.
- Post spam.
- Create topics/replies for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forum.
- Repost closed or deleted topics.
- Repetitively post in the incorrect topic.
- Post any topics/replies containing porn, offensive/inappropriate content or anything else not safe for work. This includes links to websites with that sort of content.
- Threats of violence, harassment or blackmail (even as a joke).
- Racism, discrimination, sexism.
- Abusive language, including swearing.
- Create and use multiple accounts/sockpuppets.
- Avoid gratuitous negativity. If you have something important but negative to say, that’s fine, but say it in a respectful way.
- Not every new person knows where to find which information so try to be as helpful as you can.
- Speculation on EOS tokens is only allowed in the Price & Trading topic.
- Religious, political, and other “prone to huge arguments” topics are only allowed in the #off-topic category.
- Moderators use a yellow color to show when they act on behalf of the moderation team.
- Posting altered swears with asterisks or other symbols that are still recognizable as swears is considered swearing and is not allowed.
- Moderation is quite binary. Something is in line with the guidelines or it’s not. There’s no time to send out PMs to ask you to make certain changes and we won’t edit posts for you if we get that request.
- Respect the privacy of PM (Personal Message) conversations, where what is acceptable is a matter for ALL parties and not just for one of the parties.
Moderators have special authority; they are responsible for this forum. But so are you. With your help, moderators can be community facilitators, not just janitors or police.
When you see bad behavior, don’t reply. It encourages the bad behavior by acknowledging it, consumes your energy, and wastes everyone’s time. Just flag it. If enough flags accrue, action will be taken, either automatically or by moderator intervention.
In order to maintain our community, moderators reserve the right to remove any content and any user account for any reason at any time. Moderators do not preview new posts; the moderators and site operators take no responsibility for any content posted by the community.
Let the moderators do the moderating. Backseat moderating is when people who are not moderators try to enforce the forum rules. If you see a person breaking the rules, just use the “Flag Post” button or simply ignore the offensive post(s).
- If your post is deleted please check the General Rules (above).
- Contact @moderators by PM if you have any questions about moderation.
- Comments on moderation are allowed only in the #site-feedback category or by PM to @moderators.
Repeated offenders of the above rules and guidelines will be warned or immediately banned. Any moderator has the ability to ban a user for violating the rules at their discretion.