BitShares, EOS and Airdrops

Currently got my EOS in BitShares, as it seemed an easy solution to registering for going live. EOS tokens in BTS will automatically convert from ERC20 tokens to actual EOS apparently.

However, this was before I heard about all the airdrops. Now I feel like I have to go through all the hassle of registration etc., because I can’t find any information about whether Bitshares will honour the airdrops. Anyone have any information on this?

It’s quite unclear to me how the EOS-tokens in Bitshares are actually yours. Is it a bridge or something?? I have a very simple picture about how things should be with EOS-tokens:

• Own an ethereum address where you are the one owning the private key.
  • Keep your EOS-tokens in that place.
  • Register your EOS-tokens using one of the many tutorials.

It’s a bit of work but you want to be sure that you are the owner of your tokens and that it’s not a “gateway token” or anything else.

Yes, bitshare tokens are not the actual tokens, just blockchain based IOUs. I moved my EOS there because it is more trustworthy than a centralised exchange, and I had to do some OS reinstalling on my home network. Seemed safer whilst I dealt with everything.

I havent heard a straight forward answer from anyone about hoe to deal with the EOS tokens on bitshares. I also find it very hard to figure out how to take the EOS out of bitshares and deposit them on myetherwallet.com

Is there someone who can shine their light over this issue?

Thanks
André

The EOS-tokens on Bitshares are so called “bridged” tokens.

eos-bitshares

open.EOS means that someone is providing you to invest in the tokens in a indirect way. That’s ok if you want to trade the EOS-price for a few days. Not if you want EOS for the longer term. I would suggest:

• Get a Ethereum address using MyEtherWallet.
  • Backup the private key as good as you can.
  • Buy some EOS-tokens directly on an exchange.
  • Move them to the Ethereum-address and register the address.

That way you become the real owner of the private keys and therefore the tokens.

Openledger says it will honor all airdrops and you can now send your EOSDAC to your BTS wallet too. I believe them. They are too important and would be in big trouble if they don’t follow thru. Also, we DO hold pvt keys in our wallets!