Claiming EOS crowdsale tokens

I have already registered my MEW wallet with the EOS contract. But I did not have EOS tokens in it. Then I transferred my tokens to my wallet. Should I claim my tokens using the transaction date/time when I registered?
Do I need to register again since now I have my tokens in the account?
Will the new EOS tokens automatically be transferred to my account in June 2018 when the crowd sale is done?
I need a little more clarity… please help!
@frabrunelle @rene

If you used the contract for the ICO than you need to “claim” your EOS-tokens. This is like saying to the contract:

• Hey, I participated in the ICO and now I want my tokens on my Ethereum-address.

This step is explained on the EOS.IO website.

If you have your tokens on your Ethereum-address you need to “register” an eos-address so you have them them on the EOS-blockchain when it starts. What you’ll do is:

• Create an EOS-address using a tool. This provides you a public and private key for on the EOS blockchain.
  • Register the EOS-public-address on Ethereum in the EOS-contract and sign it with your Ethereum-private key.

This sounds a bit harder then it is. Creating a EOS-keypair can be done here:

https://nadejde.github.io/eos-token-sale/

Make sure to disconnect from the internet when you do. So load the website, disable your internet connection and create the keypair. Also make sure to BACK IT UP IN SEVERAL PLACES !!!

As you can see you public EOS-key will always start with the letters EOS. And this address is thet you’ll need to register on the Ethereum-blockchain.

When you’ve done this, the Block Producers will read out the EOS-contract on Ethereum during the “snapshot”. They will assign your EOS-Ethereum tokens to your EOS-blockchain-address. That’s the trick. YouTube has several videos on how to register your tokens:

Hope this helps!

Ok i did not do the ICO
I already had tokens on an exchange.
First, I registered my wallet (the tokens were not in yet).
Then, I transferred tokens to the wallet from the exchange.
I guess my main question is: do I need to register again since NOW I have my tokens in the wallet or am I good since it has already been registered?
@rene

Only need to register the address once with or without eos tokens on it. They just have to be there when the snapshot is taken on June 1st.

Hope you don’t mind me being redundant.
So do I need to submit a “claim” or just wait until June 2018?

A claim is when you buy from the ICO. They claim their tokens from the ICO contract and then register the Ethereum address where they store them. If you already bought eos tokens from an exchange then just registering the address is all you need to do.

Makes sense! Thank you :clap:t4:

Hi my fellow Crypto Brothers and Sisters…i messed up and sent eos from binaince to eosDAC… for the airdrop.instead from my exodus wallet,Sent to eosDAC address but not showing up was confirmed sent from binance…I got a reply from binance… to talk to EOS…so any help much thankful please.need information if I can still retrieve my eos?Quess you all headed to the moon.I JUST ask to be onboard…thank you guys in advance…
sincerely me.

Why EOS has no offline tool for address generation from the official site ?
And when EOS main net wallet will be launched after 1 june cos if there is no official tool
for offline key generation (working on linux ) most people i think will sell and buy again after main net start!

I agree, this is weird.

Dan Larimer said that C++ is his language i totally agree with this but where is the C++ official tool for main net key generation ?

Please help, any advice would be great.

I sent my EOStokens from my MEW to the EOScrowdsale before I registered my MEW. I then registered my address and I have checked that my Public key and MEW are registered, which they are, but my balance is 0 though. So I did step 1(get keys) , then 3 (Send tokens to crowdsale), then 2(register)! The register failed on gas and I didn’t check it before I sent the tokens I thought you had to send the tokens.

Question is, will it still link up after June 1st and I can then claim my coins. Or is there any way to get them back now or is there a way after 1st June to show proof of ownership and claim them? Or am I completely screwed?