Invalid private key with scatter

Hi all

I registered my eos and I see them on eosauthority.com

but when I want to open an eos account with scatter this one tells me that my private key is invalid

how to solve this problem in order to access my eos account

Hi all

I registered my eos and I see them on eosauthority.com

but when I want to open an eos account with scatter this one tells me that my private key is invalid

how to solve this problem in order to access my eos account

Many thanks for your help

I don’t understand how they managed to steal my eos?
my private key is invalid (I created it with the eos.io key generator) and despite that they managed to change my public key

the worst part is that eos authority doesn’t want to do anything to block my account!

eos%20changed|690x406

eos.io it’s a real scam
despite my private key being invalid an individual has managed to create a new public and private key so he has stolen my eos tokens
I have requested that my account be blocked by ECAF but without result

Are you sure you’ve used the right private key? You might wanna try Scatter Desktop and import the private EOS (not Ethereum!) key into that place. You’ve posted a screenshot here with your private key and something like the last 6 or 7 numbers/letters blocked. That’s not a good idea. Furthermore I can’t help you. Like I said, try Scatter Desktop and import your private key to something like notepad first and then into Scatter. That should work.

I’m not the only one with an invalid private key it’s a scam of EOS.IO and its key generator put on the myetherwallet site

here is the result of my invalid private key
before 3315 eos

and now 5 EOS

the scammer

There was no EOS-key generator on the myetherwallet site. What people do on MEW is creating or using an Ethereum key. That is different from an EOS-key. A public EOS-key will always start with the letters EOS. It has its own private key.

Here’s the account on Blok.io

I see that 3303 EOS was un-staked at October 5th. That same day they were moved to another account. This means that someone with the private EOS-key moved it away.
Block Producers can’t help here I guess. If for some reason someone loses their private key they will loose their EOS. That really sucks.

Where was your private EOS-keypair stored?? Did anyone else know about them? A usb-stick somewhere?

rené

Generate key on MEW