Just some info please

Hello everyone, I have a newbie ? for some guidance please. i have been in crypto about 4-months now, i purchased EOS and it sits on binance. I’m in for the long term, and really don’t want to keep checking on it. i have read here and there about creating a wallet.

should i be creating a MEW and send my EOS from Binance to MEW, and then register MEW with EOS before a June 1st date?

Thnx, i don;t mean to be annoying. just not sure what to do.

Yes, that’s the best thing to do IMO. Or you could trust the exchange to do it for you. But better be safe than sorry.

Thank you, I suppose I should be creating a wallet for each coin as well, like rpl.ada.eos for example. does that mean I shouldn’t leave anything on an exchange unless I’m going to buy and sell. my type of investing is to find a company i like, then invest for the long term, 5-10 years. thnx again.

Ethereum supports a lot of tokens in the ERC-20 format. You can store these at one Ethereum address. Other tokens like Ripple have their own system. So make sure to do some research on what token is provided on what system.

I have ethereum on coinbase. Can I
Just send my eos to that address and then register that address with eos ? Sorry for the follow up, I’m on the road If I do does the eos show up as eos in the eth wallet. Or is it better to just create the mew n send it there. Thnx again.

I would keep your EOS away from an exchange. So yes, store it on an Ethereum-address using MEW for example. You can use MEW to register your EOS-address as well.