What are my risks as a token holder during the token swap?

I’m relatively new to cryptocurrencies, though I’ve been putting a ton of time into research to try and catch myself up.

Recently I was listening to an Everything EOS podcast (by ICO Alert) where one of the hosts led me to believe that there could be problems with the token swap. In particular, I’d like to know if there is any risk that I will loose my tokens during the swap (for example, via hacking, multiple chains being launched, voting issues, or other issues I haven’t mentioned). If any of these are risks, could you please expand on why? And how high are these risks–should I be worried?

Note that I have registered my tokens and I have confirmed that they are registered using this link: https://eosauthority.com/.

Thanks for any and all input you have :slight_smile:

1 Like

You just have the same risk as others. But I think we’re all good if we own the private keys. Still exciting times though when we see more networks than just the official.

Why there is no offline c or c++ linux official tool for registering your EOS tokens!

This question i want to ask official EOS website maintainers! Official method describe registering your EOS tokens
using your browser and displaying your EOS private key in your browser can be really very risky!!!

Reason one all OS MAC, Windows and etc are spying there customers specially Windows 10!

Reason two you may have virus malware on your PC to stole your key displayed on browser yes they can be made specifically for that to wait and record your EOS private key when you register your token!

That why we need official OFFLINE Tool for LINUX for private key generation!

Great news !
I found a private key generation tool from EOScaffe for this!

Take a look this post for details!

Thanks for sharing. Even an offline generator like this could be evil. What if ll the “random” addresses are always within a certain range of a maximum of 1 million addresses??

Not saying that it is… But in theory bad actors could publish open source code, but add a few malicious lines of code before compiling… So the most secure you are when you check the code yourself and compile it yourself as well. But this is quite hard for most people.

I used this Link.

That links to this generator:

https://nadejde.github.io/eos-token-sale/

I just load the site… disconnect from the internet. Create the key, back it up and only reconnect to the internet after I closed my browser. Hopefully I’m safe that way. But in theory someone could’ve hacked this website and added a few lines of code.

It’s always a scary thing to create, store and use private keys… No matter what tool you use.

That why we need official offline tool for key generation and we must have SHA256 signiture and code must be checked from official EOS website maintainers !